Must have IDPH Food Sanitation Certificate; Certified Dietary Manager Certificate
Director of Dietary Services
Symphony Post Acute Network is always looking for high level culinary talent to bring the dining experience to new levels for our residents. One of the most important part of their day is meal time. It is a time to visit with others and enjoy a nutritious and flavorful meal. We look to our Dietary Directors to not only meet the requirements of the diets for our residents but do so in a way that encourages our staff to deliver an enjoyable and tasty dining experience. To keep our bench strong we are always on the lookout for someone who wants to bring our dining experience to new levels. If that is you please read on to learn more about the position.
Oversees the entire operations of the Dietary Department. of the facility.
- Assists in development of policies and procedures, and menus, in charge of development of individualized job descriptions, cleaning schedules, and other dietary management tools.
- Assures that proper storage is available, and that handling of food and supplies complies with current guidelines.
- Processes new diet orders and diet changes when received from Nursing Service and keeps diet tray cards updated.
- Assists in duties of dietary personnel as needed .
- Plans and assists in preparation and service of holiday and special meals and functions.
- Visits residents to do in-depth initial nutritional assessment and screening, explain diet, record food preferences, and promote a quality of food service. Visits at least one time per quarter.
- Evaluates work performance and gives periodic evaluations to dietary employees.
- Coordinates dietary services with Nursing Department and Activities Director.
- Develops and maintains standardized recipes that are adjusted to the size of the facility.
- Checks diet orders that are received against physicians orders at least once a month.
- Plans use of leftovers, and plans and implements sound cost saving measures.
- Enforces established rules and regulations of the Facility and Dietary Department.
- Inspects storage areas on a weekly basis for proper temperatures, cleanliness, and order. Assists in cleaning procedures as needed.
- Inspects Dietary Department regularly to ensure that it is safe and sanitary.
- Submits written reports to Administration as necessary.
- Plans, presents, and/or participates in in-service education programs for the Food Service Department.
- Investigates on-the-job injuries and corrects the problem and /or retrains the employee as necessary.
- Ensures continued compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Works with Consultant Dietitian to achieve quality food service.
- Maintains current plans of care for each resident.
- Participate in departmental meetings, department head meetings, resident council meeting and other meetings when dietary is involved, or as requested by the Administrator.
- Have conferences regularly with the Dietary consultant for any problems or difficulties in any phase of the operation of the Department.
- IDPH Food Sanitation Certificate; Certified Dietary Manager Certificate.
- Attend seminars and workshops to keep up to date for the new development in the food service field. Attend in-service sessions when conducted by the Dietary Consultant.